Ways To Make Money For Yourself
Idea # 1 – House Sitting
There are a ton of ways to make money at home. Or at least a ton of ways to work for yourself.
You just need to get creative. 🙂
House sitting can be very beneficial for making some extra money. Plus, you get to hang out at different places.
Steps To Take:
- Create a flyer
- List your name, phone number, and email
- State options you offer, if any
- Contact your local Churches, Country Clubs, and other organizations that may have some traveling members
- Put an ad in your local and surrounding area ads section
- Either online or a paper – or both
- Put up a notice or ad on Craigslist
- Set an hourly, by day, and overnight fee
- Average – depending on your area – is about $25 to $30 a day and up to $50 for overnight
For The Interview with Homeowner:
- Make sure to ask what the homeowners would expect of you: water plants, bring in newspaper, care for pets, etc.
- Let the homeowners know your fee rate, if you haven’t already.
- Find out exactly when they intend to depart and return.
- Find out exactly when you are supposed to be there and when you are to leave.
- Ask if it is alright to leave for certain amounts of time.
- Let them know that you would like half of the fee when hired and the remaining balance when they return.
To-Do List In Home
- Do all chores at the time the homeowner has requested.
- Clean up *completely* after yourself. They should not come home to find any kind of disruption or dish in the sink.
- Leave a note on their table or kitchen sink stating how much you enjoyed home sitting for them. Say something nice about their home and/or pets.
- Leave your card so they will think of you again to house sit.
- Get the rest of your payment.
SHARE with us, in the Comments, if you have done house sitting before.
What steps did YOU take to get the projects or job?